- Life cycle assessment
- Material flow analysis
- Environmental decision making
- Biogeochemistry in the Anthropocen
- Risk assessments
- Trends in boreal and polar environment
- Climate change and green energy
- Human exposure and health
- Green and sustainable chemistry
- Ambient and workplace air pollutant
The 1st Norwegian Environmental Chemistry Symposium was arranged in September (14.-16.) in Loen with 60 participants. In the upcoming NECS 2022 symposium we hope to attract over 100 participants. This NECS conference-series is addressing leading scientists, experts, students, and industrial researchers, as well as environmental authorities and regulators, associated with all aspects of chemistry applied in environmental sciences, monitoring and regulation. The National organising Committee will ensure a timely and exciting programme of invited lectures on emerging issues as well as contributed oral and poster presentations. The aim of the symposium is to to provide an interdisciplinary platform for Norwegian and international specialists to examine and exchange experiences in this continuing growing field to encourage exchange of ideas and knowledge:
- How Norway solved environmental problems hitherto since the 1960s.
- Recent developments and state-of-the-art knowledge in main areas of environmental chemistry
- Major environmental chemistry challenges today
- Immediate challenges to 2030 and in the long run towards 2050.